Kent Franchise Law Group consistently delivers sophisticated legal advice and business counsel to emerging and middle-market franchise companies and distributors, both nationally and internationally. Our practice includes Business Transactions, Franchise and Distribution, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Employment Law, among other legal services specifically for the franchising industry.
Our boutique structure and affiliation with Stevens & Lee, a full-service law firm, allows us to deliver both the in-depth experience and value of a niche franchise law practice, as well as the depth of services of a large-firm. Our clients receive the highest caliber of representation, whether they have engaged us for a single transaction or for ongoing legal assistance.
We provide proven and favorable results representing prospective and active franchisors and distributors involved in any part of the life cycle of the franchise relationship. Our industry experience is equally broad and deep and includes hospitality, restaurants, staffing, food products, convenience stores, retail, personal care, home services, and financial and insurance services, among others.
We advise on such issues as:
- Compliance with federal and state franchise laws and regulations, business opportunity and sales-representative laws
- Drafting of franchise disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Preparation and negotiation of franchise, dealer, distributor and supplier agreements
- Intellectual property use, registration, protection and licensing, nationally and internationally
- Acquisition and financing of franchise and distribution businesses
- Franchise, dealer and distribution operational systems and networks
- Brand development and expansion strategies, both nationally and internationally
- Manufacturer warranty issues and disputes
- Renewal and termination of franchises, distributors and dealers
- Insolvency issues for distressed companies
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Mergers, acquisitions, and other purchase and sale transactions involving franchise and distribution businesses
- Creation of distribution networks for U.S.-based companies investing in international expansion, and international companies emerging in the U.S. market