Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
John concentrates his practice on the strategic planning, leveraging, commercialization and enforcement of intellectual property rights in ideas, inventions and business methods, as well as literary and artistic expression through the use of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, related licensing and litigation. Prior to joining the firm, John was a partner with Dilworth Paxson LLP, where he led the intellectual property practice, and prior to that, was a partner with Reed Smith LLP where he headed the Philadelphia office’s intellectual property group.
In addition to being admitted to practice before the Federal and State Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, John is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Before beginning his career in law, John worked as a project engineer for Badger Engineering, a subsidiary of Raytheon, and BASF Systems Corporation where he was a project and manufacturing engineer.
John was an adjunct professor of intellectual property law at Rutgers University School of Law.
- Archbishop John Carroll High School, Board of Directors, Chair
- Citizen Diplomacy International of Philadelphia (formerly known as the International Visitors Council of Philadelphia), Board of Directors, Chair Emeritus
- Overbrook School for the Blind, Board of Managers, past Member
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Drexel University, B.S., Mechanical and Systems Engineering, 1981