Franchise and Distribution
Kent Franchise Law Group delivers decades of experience and skill in franchise and distribution law, and in representing companies of all sizes in both emerging and middle markets. We provide leading-edge counsel to franchisors and distributors regarding federal and state regulatory issues, implementation of growth and exit strategies, financing, tax, intellectual property, and litigation. We also assist our clients in the day-to-day legal issues franchise companies encounter, including employment related matters, employee benefits, real estate and other operational matters.
In addition, we design business solutions grounded in sound legal principles to companies considering franchising to determine if franchising is appropriate as a growth strategy, and also advise existing business platforms on achieving strategic goals and expanded profitability. We also partner with existing franchisors and distributors who require a more advanced, responsive and proactive approach to overcoming distinct obstacles and leveraging new and existing business opportunities.
We understand the complex challenges facing franchisors, franchisees, manufacturers, suppliers and distributors, and bring this direct experience and multi-dimensional perspective to everything we do.
We advise on:
- Structuring franchise systems
- Franchise disclosure documents, franchise agreements, and federal and state compliance
- Registering franchise offerings with state regulatory authorities
- Franchise development, sub-franchising, master franchise and joint venture agreements
- Distribution arrangements that are compliant with federal and state franchise disclosure and business opportunity laws
- Negotiating and documenting co-branding relationships
- Alternative distribution channels
- Transfer, renewal and termination of franchises
- Interaction with franchisee associations
- Workout and bankruptcy advice for financially-distressed franchisors and franchisees
- Supplier relationships, exclusive arrangements, pricing and rebates
- Earnings claims
- Foreign country expansion and U.S. investment