Kent Franchise Law Group assists franchise companies and distributors with a wide range of transactional matters, business structuring and commercial agreements. We are known throughout the franchise industry for our ability to provide creative solutions that meet our clients’ business goals
Our expertise extends to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contract preparation, negotiation and review, securities matters, intellectual property arrangements, financing options, entity formation, corporate reorganizations, corporate governance, tax issues and regulatory matters. Our goal always is to provide creative, results-oriented counsel that supports our clients’ distinct commercial objectives in an efficient, cost-conserving manner.
As industry leaders in advising on franchise-related transactions, we provide counsel to both national and international corporations and start-up and emerging companies. What makes us highly effective as counsel in franchise industry transactions is that we are business-savvy advisors who understand the financial and economic aspects of the deal at hand, and are adept at conducting comprehensive due diligence and drafting and negotiating pragmatic contracts and disclosure documents.
We guide an array of franchise industry clients through the many transactions they undertake, including:
- Merging, acquiring or selling franchise or distribution companies
- Private equity and home-office investment in franchise systems, or multi-unit franchisee systems
- Franchise agreements and due diligence for acquirers of franchise or distribution companies and multi-unit franchisees
- Commercial lease agreements negotiations and other monetization of real estate portfolios
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- License, private label and distribution arrangements
- Franchise, distribution, development, sub-franchising, master franchise and joint venture agreements
- Negotiating and documenting co-branding relationships
- Supplier relationships, exclusive arrangements, pricing and rebates